Monday, September 10, 2012

5 Days And Counting

Predictably, I've come down with some sort of viral infection due to a combination of factors.  It's probably a back-to-school bug, passed on to Super Fiance from someone he was in contact with, which he then in turn passed on to me.  Couple that with me failing to take my vitamins or exercise or eat well for several days last week, my stress level becoming elevated due to my boss taking maternity leave a week early, and running around like mad all weekend and, well, the results speak for themselves.

Actually they sneeze and drip and ooze and hurt for themselves.  I've got the sore throat and nasal symptoms, plus fatigue.   Bleh.  It's making it hard to do those final activities on the checklist!

Of course now you're asking "And those final activities are??"

  • Print ceremony programs
  • Pull together a reception playlist
  • Finish compiling the script/agenda for Mike, our MC
  • Finish the ceremony puzzle
  • Put together 3-4 kids bags
  • Box everything up for travel
All of this needs doing by Friday, but of course being sick slows me down.  Tomorrow night we're going to a Brewers game, for free, and we get to have dinner and sit in the Dew Deck (courtesy of a generous family associated with the Young Adult Oncology Group), but I'm hoping we don't have to stay for the whole game.

Wednesday night we have our usual Team Trivia, which we would never want to miss, but it's another chunk of our week that can't be spent tying off loose ends.  Thursday night Nick bowls in his league, but I can accomplish stuff around having dinner with my parents, and Friday is FRIDAY.

Yikes.  There is a silver lining though!  We had our final walk-through at Country Inn & Suites, and they (awesome, as ever) are making the room available to us for set-up as early as Friday morning.  Sweet!  So now we don't have to stress over getting all the decorating done in the one- to two-hour time frame before the ceremony starts.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment