Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Not Laid Off

I've been remiss in my updates, and I guess plenty of things have happened since the last time I posted.  Sorry about all that. We had a nice enough holiday season.  New Year's Eve was awesome!

Throughout the holidays I was worrying about whether or not I'd have a job on what I've come to call "The Day of Reckoning" - January 7.  This was the official Day One start of the new JDA-owned RedPrairie, and everyone was supposed to find out whether they still had a job or not on this day.

I am happy to report that I am among those who are part of the new company.  I'll be working in Customer References once more, which is nice because I loved my manager that I used to work in References with.  She was the one who hired me as an intern, and I worked for her for 3 1/2 years before moving into a different role.  While I won't be directly reporting to her anymore, it will be nice to be on the same team again!

I'm looking forward to getting a chance to give Customer References another go - this time hopefully we can do everything we wish we could have done before, and more.  And I get to go to Vegas in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment