Monday, November 5, 2012

Very Busy Times!

We had a fantastic weekend!  Super Husband turned 27 on Friday, and I had a lot of surprises planned for him.  The first of the festivities involved breakfast in bed (a family tradition from his mom's side) - Krispy Kreme donuts by request.  I even put candles in them so he got to blow those out.

This was followed by a scavenger hunt around the house, where each clue was accompanied by a small candy treat (thanks to my coworker's kids, who are not allowed to keep all their Halloween candy).   The final clue led him to his gift, which was a Chipper Jones Atlanta Braves jersey that I won in a charity auction at work.  Chipper is one of SH's all-time favorite players.

We met up with my father in law for lunch at Noodles & Co then I surprised SH again by working from home that afternoon.  This meant I was able to be there when he opened his gift from his dad (awesome Frisbee golf set) and have some cake with them.

The rest of the afternoon I worked, then we waited around until 7 pm for his big surprise outing.  I had secretly arranged an evening of greasy food and mini bowling with our friends Alex, Kate, Kayla and SH's best friend Erik.  Alex and Kate arrived at our house and hid behind the garage, so they were able to jump out and surprise SH.  They scared me too, even though I knew they were back there!

We headed over to Fratelli's on Lincoln Avenue, a little place that serves hot dogs, cheese steak sandwiches  pizza and other classics.  Kayla surprised SH by being there already.  We had blindfolded him so he wouldn't know where we were going, and Alex threw him incorrect clues the entire way.

Everyone had a nice little meal, then it was on to Koz's Mini Bowl.  I think SH suspected that we were going there, but he had no idea his friend Erik would arrive!  The six of us played a few rounds of bowling, then Kayla had to head home (long day at work!).

After bowling, we went back to our house where we ate some cake and just talked for a while.  Alex and Kate got going, and Erik stayed overnight.

The next day I had a church meeting to attend, and then my mother in law came over.  We all grabbed some McDonalds for lunch then paid a visit to SH's brother.  While MIL and BIL visited, SH, Erik and I went to the Walmart Neighborhood Market (a first time for me!) to grab a few supplies for dinner.

After that we went home and SH opened his gifts from his mom - a nice outfit with dress pants and a shirt and some cool puzzle backing tape (plus a 3D puzzle).  We played some Apples to Apples until it was time to start prepping food for dinner.

Everyone chipped in and we had fruit, bread, angel food cake, and lil smokies to dip in cheese and chocolate fondue.  It was a very tasty meal!

Erik stayed overnight again, so we went to see the movie "Flight", which turned out to be more about drugs and alcohol and addiction than any of us were prepared for.  It was interesting... I'm still not sure what to take away from it.

We got home and I crashed.  The next day Erik got going, and SH and I went to church, then came home and had a lazy day to recover from all the fun.

We have another jam-packed week coming up!  Obviously we'll be voting tomorrow, as well as meeting with our insurance agent for a yearly update.   We've got Team Trivia with R U Bot or Not on Wednesday at Buffalo Wild Wings at Bayshore, then SH will be bowling as usual on Thursday while I attend a bread-making class at our church.

Friday SH will head down to Rockford for a weekend overnight with the youth group from our church.  I'll be attending the ladies' game night at church (going to see my friend Tammy and meet in-person with my newer online friend Jenn!).  Saturday my siblings are coming up here to meet for dinner, then I'm headed up to Jonah and Kristen's place in Port Washington for even more games and fun.  AND THEN on Sunday there is a potluck at church for the young adults at 2 pm.

Whew!  Think we are busy enough yet???

And here I am thinking about how it would be nice to find an amateur ballet class for adults as a way to get in shape...

No comments:

Post a Comment