Monday, December 17, 2012

A Fox Jumped Up

I know I have been a bit sporadic with my updates here.  Sorry about that!

First a housekeeping note:  If you want to know what I think of Friday's terrible shootings, you can talk to me in person or via chat or whatever.  It's not my place to spout off about it on the internet, and I'm not going to.  I am not an expert and I do not have all the facts.

In happier news, we saw a fox at my work last week!  He showed up for several days in a row - he seems to like to bed down in the mulch around the building. When my coworkers and I arrive at work we wake him up, I think.  He wasn't there this morning, though.  Hope he's okay.  Here is a photo that my talented coworker Jon Good snagged of him:


In other work-related news, my boss came back from maternity leave last week so I finally have some leadership again!  Also I found out there is no one doing Customer Marketing on "the other side of the mirror" at JDA, so I have no evil mirror twin to compete against for my job.  It's still a toss up whether I'll stay or go on January 7, however.  The "new company" could decide I'm dead weight and an extra mouth to feed, or they could decide that I've got value but only as a References worker again, or they could say "Customer Marketing?  What a phenomenal idea!  Let's put lots of effort into growing that program over the next two years."  So 2/3 I keep my job, 1/3 I lose it I guess.  Maybe the odds are slightly in my favor.

Otherwise things are mostly fine on my end.  We had a disappointing attempt at installing a new bathroom fan, which we have declared a fool's errand.  That project has been scrapped.  We got some of those Instabulbs while at Bed Bath & Beyond, and this has actually been a cost-effective "solution" to our light-less basement stairwell.  For now, anyway.  Where there once was no light, there is now something.  It's a soft, dim light but it's bright enough to see the stairs, which is all I require of it.  I like that if I wanted to I could carry it down the stairs with me, but it's also not necessary since I can now see all the way to the bottom!  I'm happy with it for $10 for 2 of them.

Got pretty much all the Christmas gifts bought and wrapped.  Oddly not looking forward to Christmas very much, though.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment