Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Word On Being Married


Lately people have been asking me “So what’s it like being married?”  or “How’s married life?”

In the words of the late, great Lynette Sherman, “Well, I’ll tell you…”

It’s about the same.   We have known each other and dated one another for nearly seven years.  We’ve lived together for two and a half years.  We’ve got each other pretty well figured out, but we’re still learning as we go.

I think the main thing that has changed since the wedding is that our affection for one another has been renewed.  We kiss more and hug more.  I feel like we are more of a team now than ever.  I feel like he has my back, and I’ve got his.  We support each other and listen to each other.  We try to share the burdens in our lives so that we can lighten one another’s loads.  This has been true for a while, long before we got married, but I think going through that process really renewed our convictions and solidified our bond.

Now I feel like I can look out at the world and confidently say to it “So what?” whenever a challenge is thrown my way, because I know I’ve got my husband.  And now the world knows it.  We can take on anything.

Also, if you are on Pinterest, you are gonna come back and see alllll those wedding-related boards you follow and want to throw up.  It will take you forever to "unfollow" them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment