Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Non-Wedding or Honeymoon-Related Post!!

So now it's just me blogging about whatever the heck I want!  Score!

First things first - I am very sad that I foolishly messed with the blog template, and now my polka dots are gone.  I can't seem to get them back, since that template is no longer available.  Ack!  If anyone knows how to get it back, I would be eternally grateful...

Things in the last few weeks have been going pretty well.  We adopted a new cat, Jasper, from the Wisconsin Humane Society.  He's one year old, all black, and currently suffering from an upper respiratory infection, so he's in cat quarantine.  But he's the friendliest, sweetest cat!  Here is a photo of him from the shelter.  It's really hard to get pictures of him right now because he is always running around our feet, plus he's all black and if you can't see his eyes then you don't know what you're looking at!


He is a cutie.  If you're ever in our neck of the woods, stop by for a visit!  He'd love to meet you.

Other activities lately include Super Husband's dad's birthday celebration and huge amounts of leaf sweeping.  Our two big maple trees largely dump their leaves in the driveway, so we're pretty much having to clear things out on a weekly basis, which I guess is normal for fall.  

Otherwise, business as usual!  Trivia on Wednesdays with the super awesome Team Bot or Not, and Super Husband bowls on Thursdays while I hit the grocery store.  All the weekly specials are fresh on Thursdays and no one is there, which makes for some good pickings.  One disadvantage is that the deli is closed and sometimes they put away some of the produce for the night really early, so not everything is available.  Fortunately, Super Husband taught me that you can ask for a rain-check on anything you see advertised that isn't available when you are in the store, and you can get that price at a later date!  I'm not sure how I never knew grocery stores did this, but he has the secret intel from having been a bagger at Hilander and Woodman's back in the day.

We've been cooking a lot lately.  We tried our hands at making homemade pasta with our wedding gift from my father in law last night.  We got frustrated (too hungry) after a little while and froze the dough for later.  We had managed to make enough noodles for a small bowl, which we did cook.  They were good!  We'll try again when we're not super hungry and have a bit more patience.  I'm sure we'll get the knack of it.

Otherwise we've had apple cinnamon pancakes, bacon, steak and mushrooms, various chicken dishes (lots of frozen chicken to eat before it gets weird), soup, sloppy joes, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some equally non-memorable things we've ingested and that I'm sure none of you cares to hear about!

Upcoming shenanigans include whatever we get up to for Halloween, Super Husband's birthday weekend, and a dinner with my siblings for me while Super Husband is gone for the weekend in two weeks.

Stay tuned for more!  If you're bored and I've left you feeling unsatisfied, I suggest you check out this fantastic Tumblr page, Sims Gone Wrong.  Whether or not you play The Sims games, you're sure to find weird stuff to look at over there.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment