Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bachelorette/Shower Post-Mortem Part 2

Sorry it's been a day or two!  Things have been busy at work.

I'm here to pick up where I left off.  After the shower, we did some scrap booking, as previously mentioned.

I'd like to take a second to further expound on this, because it actually has a lot of meaning for me.  I don't usually print out photos or keep albums, I just post them to Facebook and keep files on my computer.  But the shower and bachelorette party has got to be one of those 'best days of my life' kind of things.  The actual wedding has got some serious living-up to do after that!

One thing I've been sort of worried about in the back of my mind is what will fill the hole in my life left behind by the lack of wedding planning?  Once everything is over, will I be depressed?

I like the idea of having another "step" left in the process post-wedding and post-honeymoon: archiving the pictures in a fun way.  I feel that this will help me to re-live the events in a healthy way, and "put them away" where I can visit them over and over again.  Plus it's something I'm hoping that Super Fiance and I can work on together.  I encouraged him to take a camera with him today while he goes to a Cubs game with his brother, and I got some Cubs stickers and baseball-themed stick-ons from the craft store.

Long story short, I think it's going to be therapeutic and enjoyable, and leave us with a really nice final product.  To start with, we can bring the book with us to to the rehearsal dinner to show our families and friends, and after the wedding it can "make the rounds" along with our more formal wedding photo album, which I plan to have printed online.

But enough about that!  On to the rest of the story.  We got all dressed up, and hit the road for dinner.  The very talented Bethany made this crown that I am wearing, as well as a ribbon bouquet for the rehearsal!


We had dinner at Riviera Maya (you can see my Yelp! review here), then headed over to At Random for ice cream drinks.  I had a Pink Squirrel, which was delightful.  At first we thought they wouldn't let us in, since we ran into another rowdier-looking bachelorette party who told us they'd been informed it was an hour wait.  That didn't sit right with my sister, so she walked in and they seated her and a few girls with no problem, then the rest of us joined them.  Guess it was just that they didn't care for the other group's attitude! 

After At Random we moseyed on over to Koz's Mini Bowl for a round of bowling.  Super fun!

Sarah giving those pins what-for.
Our next stop was meant to be Cuvee, but it turns out they were hosting a wedding reception that particular evening, so we stopped over at Palms Bistro instead!  We were glad we did.  The drinks were awesome and the bartenders were wonderful.  Try the Door County Mimosa!  We had a great time here until it was time to call it a night.

Sarah, me and Kelsey, with a photo-bombing gentleman in the back!
But we made time for one final stop...


We had to make a visit to the Fonz!  It was a fantastic night (and day), and I wish I could hang out with all those ladies every day!  Thank you everyone for a wonderful party.

No comments:

Post a Comment