Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Small Good Things

I am running on absolute fumes this morning, which is funny because I feel alert!

I took my dishes into the kitchen at work to wash them and proceeded to fool myself into thinking I had thrown away a lid for a container, when it was right there in the sink.  Then I turn around and stupidly say "Whoa, it smells like something is burning!" to my coworker who is making toast.  Something IS burning - it's toast crumbs, genius.

Just wow.  I took my coffee and got out of there STAT.

On to the honeymoon planning-related material!  I'm starting to realize it was probably dumb of me to start this blog so far in advance before the actual trip, but maybe not.  Mainly I'll just be pressed for meaningful content so I will probably end up making this into more and more of a wedding blog the further things go along.  But I'm getting the sense that those who are reading this won't mind that so much.

One actually honeymoon-related thing happened last night!  Super Fiance and I went to Goodwill to drop off some stuff and to shop a little.  I found us a backpack!  A small, one-strap backpack.  It's similar to this one from Patagonia, only it isn't from Patagonia.  I'll get a picture of it up on here a little later, so check back for that.

Update: Here is the backpack in question!



It's just the right size to hold some snacks or a packed lunch, maps, cell phones, wallets and whatever other daily essentials we might need.  It has a strap that goes across your waist so it's secure and not pulling on your shoulder or sliding off.  Brilliant!  I love it so much I almost want to start using it as a purse immediately, because I'm getting sick of shoulder bags.   The best part is that it cost about $7.


No comments:

Post a Comment