Tuesday, August 14, 2012

General Life Updates

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here.  This week is exciting!  Looking forward to seeing our dear friend Kelsey on Friday, and the amazing shower and bachelorette party on Saturday!

I wanted to get a big "thank you" in there to all of those who are bending over backwards to fit these events into their busy lives.  I know what it's like to be busy!  It means the world to me that those of you who are performing work-school-life gymnastics are being so gosh-darn flexible and forgiving and generous.  Thank you (you know who you are).

I'm in limbo this week, feeling halfway like "Let's call the whole thing off!  We're bankrupting all of our friends and family!" and halfway like I just want to plow through every remaining decision, as though that would make the good stuff come sooner.  But it won't, and we have another month to accomplish the following:

1. Finalize our limo decision
2. Figure out our vows
3. Figure out our ceremony music
4. Make a reception play-list
5. Meet with our delightful volunteer MC
6. Print programs
7. Finish the seating chart

And just about a million other things!!  But for now, focusing on decluttering and guest-readying our house, balanced with a heavy dose of relaxational Dexter watching.

2 comments:

  1. I loved loved loved my brother's vows (he got married on Saturday). When I was googling around trying to find them, I stumbled on several huge piles of awesomeness. There are a LOT of choices even if you don't write your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Beth, there is SO much out there. So much creativity! Congrats to your brother!

    ReplyDelete